01 July 2019
30 June 2022
VARIoT is a EU project co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility of the European Union.
The Project's overall objective is to create a service providing actionable information regarding Internet of Things (IoT) devices which can be processed manually or automatically and that can be used to ensure their cybersecurity. Relevant data will be made available through the European Data Portal (EDP), as well as through other interfaces, such as Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP), and via Shadowserver’s free daily remediation feeds.
Specifically, the scope of the project is as follows:
- Creating a database covering vulnerabilities and exploits related to IoT devices, constantly updated by harvesting various sources of information;
- Improving IoT-related data collection through large-scale systematic mapping of IoT devices on the Internet;
- Creating a database of aggregated, correlated and enhanced information of various types relating to IoT including vulnerabilities, exploits, Indicators of Compromise (IoC), events, incidents, malware samples, etc.;
- Creating datasets of IoT traffic, of both legitimate and malicious natures, including models learnt to characterize these traffics, and their associated features, as well as raw packet captures;
- Creating mechanisms of active monitoring and harvesting of information of IoT devices (such as existence, services provided etc.) and information about new types of threats;
- Creating interfaces to share selected data.
The Project Consortium: