This project SOFIE business vertical furthers the liberation of energy sector data, by providing currently missing building blocks for a future where the energy service providers and consumers have more control, freedom and flexibility over their data. This vertical establishes seamless access to the data with a few clicks done by the data owner (the citizen), regardless of where the person lives or what existing energy networks are in place.
Benefits for targeted end-users:
- Traceability of products and ensuring the integrity of critical data without the need for centralized authority;
- Reducing the chances of fraud and data manipulation, cutting out corresponding mediation expenses and transaction costs;
- Transparent data adaptation layer for IoT platforms and easy to deploy solution to federate heterogeneous IoT environments;
- Immutable blockchain-backed energy consumption readings which are correct beyond dispute;
- Provenance chain throughout the whole infrastructure.
- Keywords: Smart meter, data access, interoperability, Privacy, Security, Verifiability
- Availability: 95%
- Innovation & Added-Value: Smart meter data access control, auditability
- License Type: Commercial
- Technology Readiness: Integrated pilot system demonstrated
- Price: Revenue based licence fee
- Contact: Priit Anton, firstname.lastname@example.org, Guardtime OÜ (Estonia)
Learn more about the Energy Data Exchange.
Learn more about project SOFIE.